Southwold School opened in April 1995 as a new, purpose-built primary school serving the Southwold and Caversfield community. In 2001, to accommodate growing numbers, the school was extended with a further seven classrooms and a nursery.
Southwold School offers:
- Spacious, modern accommodation for up to 400 pupils.
- A wonderful external tree lined playground which provides shade and curiosity, mini orchard and 12-metre geology wall featuring different types of building materials and brick patterns.
- Our Willows Specialist Resource base offers education to pupils with an EHCP and identified SEMH needs.
- An enquiry based curriculum provides stimulating and inspiring learning experiences.
The Enchanted Forest provides a computer suite, ipads and a well-resourced library.
- EYFS Unit includes: Nursery provision for 2 -3year olds and a separate provision for 3-4 year olds where a team of experienced carers and educators create exciting first steps into learning where the majority of children transition into our two Reception classes.
- An average sized school hall
- A strong pupil voice developed through the Pupil Leadership Team
- A Positive Playtimes Team who support MDSAs and the pupils at lunchtimes to ensure they are ready to learn once back in the classroom. There are 2 game areas, reading snugs and mindfulness colouring in.
- Our Mental Health and Well Being Council support pupil's emotions and strategies as well as highlight certain national celebration days linked to this.
- Eco Team who are helping to make us a kinder school to our planet
- Wellbeing studio and Learning Mentor to support our pupils mental health and wellbeing. They can use this area each morning to help with transition into school and during learning time when appropriate.
- Two well equipped Sensory Rooms.
- A wide range of after-school clubs.