Southwold School opened in April 1995 as a new, purpose-built primary school serving the Southwold community and Caversfield parish. In 2001, to accommodate growing numbers, the school was extended with a further seven classrooms and a nursery.
Southwold School offers:
- Spacious, modern accommodation for up to 400 pupils.
- A wonderful external environment and a garden, which includes a ‘quiet garden’, running areas, large planting beds, large play equipment. and a 12-metre geology wall featuring different types of building materials and brick patterns.
- A well-resourced and networked ICT suite with interactive whiteboards in classrooms.
- A nursery specially designed for early year’s activities.
- A large hall with modern gym equipment.
- An enhanced curriculum with high emphasis on excellence and enjoyment.
- A strong pupil voice through the school council.
- An extensive range of after-school clubs.
- Wonderful opportunities for children to develop their skills and confidence through regular residential trips.
- Excellent links with the Bicester Partnership of Schools.